“Choupette is a rich girl.”Karl Lagerfeld
Important News: The Land of Desire is now streaming on Spotify!
Dear listeners, I had an entirely different episode lined up for this week, notes prepared, outline finished, ready to be transformed into a script. Then I woke up on Tuesday morning to the news that Karl Lagerfeld, the iconic creative director of Chanel, had passed away at the age of 85. Like so many fashion aficionados, my thoughts immediately turned to Karl’s next of kin: what would happen to Karl’s beloved cat, Choupette?!?!
Episode 46: “Choupette, The Most Glamorous Cat In The World”
P.S. If you’re wondering about that episode that I was working on, it’ll come out soon. In the meantime, you might want to revisit Episode 43: Napoleon’s Tiniest Campaign, Part 1 – it’ll come up again!
Thank you again to everyone who made a contribution on Patreon! I had to pay my income taxes this month, which meant adding up my total expenses for the podcast over the past year – it’s a lot. Your Patreon contributions are the only income I receive for the show, and thanks to your support, I don’t have to use advertising. Boo, advertising! We’ve all got Casper mattresses already, right? We fall asleep on them listening to Audible books…you get it.
Special thanks to the good folks at Bello Collective for featuring me on their most recent newsletter, #78 – The Queuedown.
This is the internet and I know you want cute cat photos
- Choupette on Instagram
- Choupette: The Private Life of a High-Flying Cat by Patrick Mauries and Jean-Christophe Napias (the official guide to Choupette)
- The World According to Karl by Patrick Mauries – highly recommended collection of quotes from the dryest wit in fashion
- Chanel: The Complete Karl Lagerfeld Collections – beautiful compilation of the 150+ collections Lagerfeld produced for Chanel over the past 35 years, makes for a stylish coffee table book!
- No One Loved Anything As Much As Karl Lagerfeld Loved Choupette (The Cut)
- Guess What Karl Lagerfeld’s Cat Can Do (The Cut)
- Karl Lagerfeld reveals all about Choupette (Numéro)
- Mort de Karl Lagerfeld: sa chatt “Choupette” peut-elle réellment hériter de sa fortune? (LCI)
- Karl Lagerfeld ira au ciel avec Choupette (Le Point)
- Choupette peut-elle devenir l’héritière de Karl Lagerfeld? (Le Figaro)
- Karl Lagerfeld finds inspiration for a new Chanel collection. His purrfect muse? Choupette the cat (The Guardian)
- “All the other designers hate me…” Karl Lagerfeld gets ready to tell all (Numéro)
- Voilà: Choupette’s First Major Fashion Spread (The Cut)
- Remembering the Perfect Partnership between Karl Lagerfeld and His Cat, Choupette (Vanity Fair)
- Choupette Turns 7 – With Claws Out (WWD)
- Karl Lagerfeld: l’incroyable fête d’anniversaire de sa chatte Choupette (Elle France)
- Karl Lagerfeld Dies (TIME)
- 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Choupette Lagerfeld, the Most Spoiled Cat in the World (InStyle)